We pride ourselves on being a friendly club and want to be as inclusive as possible.
If you’re not a member then feel free to come on a couple of our weekly Sunday rides before completing a membership application. Sunday rides head off from the pump on Histon Village Green every week at 08:30am. Or if you prefer, come along to one of our Taster rides in Spring. These are aimed at newer riders.
Check out our rides page for details of all our rides. Our Facebook group has all the latest information.
If you have never ridden in a group before (or even if you have!) don’t forget to check out our riding tips and advice. Please also read our club rides risk assessment.
Once you’ve been on a couple of rides, and decide that the club is for you, then please join using this link. Your application to become a member of HIBC will be processed by British Cycling. Membership costs £13 per year and enables us to cover our annual fee as a British Cycling Affiliated Club, website maintenance and other administrative costs. The club is run by volunteers and any additional funds are ploughed back into the club for the benefit of members.
Benefits of becoming a member
- Receiving the club newsletter, including invitations to social events, club tours and other member-only events such as club velodrome sessions, BBQs and the Christmas meal
- Taking part in our midweek training rides which are for members only
- Regular opportunities to improve your fitness and riding skills, learning from other riders and passing on your knowledge
- Taking part in our regular organised rides, learning new routes and trying out new cafes… and cakes
- 10% discount at Ben’s Bike Service, Histon
- 10% off all in store purchases at Rutland Cycles in Cambridge
- A discount at C6 Bikes, Waterbeach
- 10% discount at Asgard Sheds
- 50% off your first appointment with Caroline Collard Health Services, specialist in injury and illness rehabilitation services
- Access to time trials – you must be a member of a cycling club to participate
- And you’ll really look the part as you can buy club kit!
Want to join or renew your membership?
All you have to do is click on the ‘Join or renew membership’ button and follow the instructions. We welcome riders over the age of 12. If you’re under 18, please ask your parent or guardian to fill out a parental consent form and return it to our membership secretary Dan via email.
Join or renew membership
Download an under 18's form